Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hibernation

I was setting down to sleep before 11pm last night, my alarm went off at 9am and I still felt tired so I turned it off and didn't wake again until 12pm... 13 hours sleep! And I stil fet tired, not sure what that's all about.

Good day yesterday, nothing especially interesting. I attended the psychosocial meeting in the morning, it's a multidisciplinary team meeting about the chidren we've had in A&E in the last week that have ben referred to social services. People live such different lives. What did become apparent was how easily chidren could slip through the net; parents moving around so often that and goign to out of area services make it very difficult for the chidren to stay in the system - they move on before social services or the health visitors can establish involvement.

It's hard to get away from feeling like a spare part, though I know that will improve as the placement goes on. I think because of the nature of A&E you're more dependent on staff than you would be on the ward, it's difficult when it's quiet to find things to do and I hate to look lazy!

1 comment:

Mr Mans Wife said...

13 hours sleep! You must have needed it, that's all I can say. I hope you're feeling more refreshed tomorrow.

These ones who move around or go to services out of their area to avoid being caught up with obviously know that they are doing wrong. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to bear children.