Recently on a comments thread of a blog I have been following, the topic of hospital acronyms came up. It made me think about the little things I've not learned during my 2.5 year's training. TTA/TTOs. I know what they are - medication the patient takes home, but I've never really been sure what they stand for - that's not something they teach in university, (thanks to those who enlightened me on that thread).
Something else, incredibly stupid that in my third year I'm still a little hazy about, is the medical heirachy. When I'm asked to bleep the doctors for a particular task I'm never quite sure which one they mean, SHO, reg, consultant? I tend to go for the nice ones who'll either give me what I want or point me in the direction of someone who can. I was discussing this recently with a fellow third year who said she also is never quite sure - clearly a gap in our training!
Blogging. It's dangerous. I started reading Random Reality's blog because it came up in the Metro and looked like interesting reading. From reading his Blog I've moved onto NeeNaw's and Diagnosis N.F.I, from their Blogs I've started reading Mr Man's Wife and from there I've started glancing through about 5 different others! It's a wonderful way to avoid writing my essays, and the bonus is I can kid myself that it's all relevent to my training!
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment