Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Jobs

Well I've had it confirmed. My next placement is in A&E at the first hospital of my choice. Not a great surprise as I was the only one in my group to apply there, but I'm pleased nonetheless. I'm looking forward to the 13 weeks I will spend there, it should also provide some things of worth to write about!

I was job searching today. I'm having second thougths about doing an extra year straight after my course, so I'm going to apply for work as well as the course and make the decision at a later date. A hospital local to me is recruiting in several areas of paediatrics, with interviews in the beginning of March, it should time well with my qualifying in April. I'm going to call to arrange an informal visit and then get working on my application. I've only ever applied for one job before Is tarted training and I am aware of how high the competition is for good paediatric jobs at the moment, I find the prospect of applying and having to sell myself quite daunting!

No comments: